Re: database market share 2003

From: Data Goob <datagoob_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:14:05 -0400

I was going to try to come up with some poetry of my own, but I'm not as good at it as you are.

The point is Nano-Nano that DB2 runs the same code base across all platforms, as well as SQL-Server, and I believe even Informix. I thought we covered this. What is very strange is why you felt compelled to take personal shots at just about everyone who has been in this conversation. It is also strange why Oracle doesn't run well on mainframes, and cannot scale their clustering beyond 8 servers, which by the way is documented in Oracles' own literature. Even Larry Ellison uses SQL-Server on all the Oracle web sites, so I don't understand the vitriole coming from you.