I/O calls from Oracle to OS

From: FM <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:49:29 +0200

This post got lost (I can't see it published) so I'm sending it again. Sorry if you'll find it duplicated.

Hello,
probably this is more a sysadmin question than a DBA one but how can I check if an I/O call from oracle is divided in several reads (or writes)   by the operating system?

example: if oracle asks at the OS for a 1M block and the maximum I/O blok of my operating system is 512K may I monitor the two different reads? How?

I'm most interested in Unix but if you know a common way...

Thanks
Fabrizio Magni Received on Thu Jun 17 2004 - 01:49:29 CDT