Re: Oracle LogMiner question

From: Sami Zeitoun <samizn_at_walla.co.il>
Date: 17 Jun 2004 01:59:54 -0500

As for you first question, I am using Oracle 10G. Maybe I didn't explain what I need well... what you suggested about adding the rowid as suplementary information to the log won't help me much... this rowid is a unique identifier for a row in a table... that means that if I update this row twice I'll have the same "unique identifier" in two different redo records (the same "unique identifier" for different rows in v$logmnr_contents). The fact that I would have two records with the same identifier is not good for me. Do you have another idea?? As I said... At the beginning I thought that the SCN column at v$logmnr_contents is the unique identifier that I want, but after that, I found out that it was not unique!! what is this SCN anyway?? what does it reproduce??

Thanks,
Sami.