Re: Problem monitoring http server in Oracle Enterprise Manager 9i

From: Prem K Mehrotra <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Jun 2004 19:56:35 -0700

yong321_at_yahoo.com (Yong Huang) wrote in message news:<b3cb12d6.0406161219.b54d878_at_posting.google.com>...
> premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote in message news:<43441e77.0406151905.6d70c845_at_posting.google.com>...
> > yong321_at_yahoo.com (Yong Huang) wrote in message news:<b3cb12d6.0406150832.4abb7f79_at_posting.google.com>...

> > > Hi Prem,
> > >
> > > On the machine that runs EM, check to see if the entry in
> > > $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/emd/targets.xml is correct.
> > >
> > > Yong Huang
> >
> > Yong:
> > I do not see any file like that either on database server (where httpd
> > is running) or on my desktop where oem console is running.
> >
> > I, however, found that when intelligent agent is started it creates a
> > services.ora file under $ORACLE_HOMe/network/agent directotry. This
> > file
> > has a line with http server on port 443. I don't know where this port
> > comes from. Once I change the port to 7777, and then discover nodes
> > in EM console, port changes from 443 to 7777 and things work fine.
> >
> > So, my question is why intelligent agent picks port 443 for http and
> > how to change that port since I am not using ssl version of http.
> >
> > Prem
>
> Sorry. I was thinking you were using Enterprise Manager Website.
> Enterprise Manager Console uses $OH\network\agent\services.ora instead.
> I don't know why it shows port 443. But according Metalink Note:166644.1,
> this port number as well as other Apache info simply comes from your
> httpd.conf. Assuming nmiconf.lst is not altered by anybody, in
> $OH\network\agent\config\nmxwconf.tcl on lines 138-42 (may be different on
> different versions), you should see the Tcl code to set port number used
> by EM Console. Try to follow the logic in it and see if you can find why it
> thinks the port should be 443.
>
> Yong Huang

Yong:

Yes when I added a Port 7777 line in httpd.conf line at the end, problem went
away after I restarted intelligent agent. I am talikng to metalink support to find what is there position
on custome change to httpd.conf file.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Prem Received on Wed Jun 16 2004 - 21:56:35 CDT