Re: Internal Disk/SAN DIsk for Oracle Binaries

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:45:29 GMT

If you ever want to migrate db to a different server, it would be easy if it was on the SAN, same goes for cluster config (e.g. veritas). I don't see many cons.. binaries shouldn't be accessed that often (however, I could be wrong here).

On 16 Jun 2004 11:17:20 -0700, lsdba_at_yahoo.com (lps) wrote:

>Hi - Can anyone elaborate on whether to install the Oracle binaries on
>internal mirrored disks or on a SAN with RAID5? Can you give me
>pros/cons with each scenario? This is a 9.2 installation on AIX.
>
>Thanks in advance, lps

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Jun 16 2004 - 15:45:29 CDT