Re: Toad alternative?

From: G Dahler <yellow-shark_at_spamex.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:02:30 -0400

"Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca.x> a écrit dans le message de news:nj0Ac.24607$lN.21713_at_edtnps84...
> I don't understand that. You can open multiple instances of PLSQL
> Developer, so what's the real issue then?

Yes you can open multiple instances, but it would be better with a MDI interface, where you could "switch" connection, just like in TOAD.

For example, you test something in a test environment (SQL, procedure, whatever) and you cimply switch connection in the SAME window and test in another environment/instance.

It's minor, but the developpers here are so used to toad that they would not switch easily.

The toad dba module is also pretty usefule from time to time, provided you licence it. Received on Wed Jun 16 2004 - 14:02:30 CDT