Re: database market share 2003

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:14:46 GMT

> Oracle got fewer points than DB2 (and they would
> probably get even fewer points from Codd today since Oracle seems to have
> moved away from relational in many respects).

I've seen you make this point before
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=1Jqab.76%24ZR1.81776%40news.uswest.net

I challenged you at the time, and can't remember if you ever came back with an example - so exactly what is it in Oracle that you think has moved away from the relational model ? Received on Wed Jun 16 2004 - 10:14:46 CDT