Re: Oracle LogMiner question

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:47:10 +1000

"Sami Zeitoun" <samizn_at_walla.co.il> wrote in message news:e0c648ba9aa21039ea10f577f2dcb646$1_at_www.orafaq.net...
> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****
>
> I posted this message couple of minuts ago but I can't find it anywhere!!
> here it's again:
>
> Does anyone know how can I get a unique identifier for a redo record in
> the LogMiner??
>
> I tried to run the following SQL statemnet:
>
> select operation,sql_undo,SCN from v$logmnr_contents where operation IN
> ('INSERT','DELETE','UPDATE','START','COMMIT','ROLLBACK');
>
> I expected to get a unique number (SCN) for each record returned, but as I
> see now this SCN is not unique... sometimes I got more than one record
> with the same SCN!!
>
> Can anyone help me??

I'm assuming you want a unique identifier for a transaction, and not really for a single item of redo. In other words, an identifier for all 14 sets of redo generated by, say, 'update emp set sal=900'... not for the particular before and after images for the update to KING's salary occasioned by that transaction.

There are various technical answers that could use the Undo Segment Number and Slot, but the simpler approach would be, I should have thought, to combine the SCN, Session# and Serial#.

There are all sorts of other things you could try, but that's where I would start. I confess to not having tried it out though.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Jun 16 2004 - 03:47:10 CDT