rman cloning on a different host seprated 350miles

From: hrishy <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 15 Jun 2004 21:39:42 -0700

Hi Folks

I have been reading about duplicating a database using rman. We are doing our rman backups directly to tape using Netbackup media mangement. The target database (our production dB) and the duplicated database is seperated by 350 miles

What I'm trying to learn is if I can ship the tape to where the duplicated database will live, tell NB about the tape and then do the duplication process
will it work ?

regards
Hrishy Received on Tue Jun 15 2004 - 23:39:42 CDT