Re: Problem monitoring http server in Oracle Enterprise Manager 9i

From: Prem K Mehrotra <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2004 20:05:54 -0700

yong321_at_yahoo.com (Yong Huang) wrote in message news:<b3cb12d6.0406150832.4abb7f79_at_posting.google.com>...
> premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote in message news:<43441e77.0406141853.840a97f_at_posting.google.com>...
> > I installed Oracle9i on HP UNIX 64 bit. I started Apache web server using
> > apachectl start command. I see http processes when I do
> > ps -aef | grep http
> >
> > I can run isqlplus from my web browser, so I am connecting to Apache web server.
> >
> > However when I use Oracle Enterprise Manager console on my PC,
> > it shows me HTTP Server
> > pqmsda01.na.jnj.com:443
> > where pqmsda01.na.jnj.com is name of my HP UNIX server.
> >
> > When I click on above link, it shows me state of http server as
> > stopped eventhough http server is up.
> >
> > I don't know from where OEM console picks port no 443. Is there any way
> > to fix it. I don't know whether I need to start https (SSL version of
> > Apache server, if yes why?).
>
> Hi Prem,
>
> On the machine that runs EM, check to see if the entry in
> $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/emd/targets.xml is correct.
>
> Yong Huang

Yong:
I do not see any file like that either on database server (where httpd is running) or on my desktop where oem console is running.

I, however, found that when intelligent agent is started it creates a services.ora file under $ORACLE_HOMe/network/agent directotry. This file
has a line with http server on port 443. I don't know where this port comes from. Once I change the port to 7777, and then discover nodes in EM console, port changes from 443 to 7777 and things work fine.

So, my question is why intelligent agent picks port 443 for http and how to change that port since I am not using ssl version of http.

Prem Received on Tue Jun 15 2004 - 22:05:54 CDT