Re: How to make Oracle10g on Windows *not* start on every boot?

From: koert54 <nospam_at_spam.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:44:57 GMT

I don't know if it's still the same under 10g - but in 9i you have registry keys called :

ORA_<SID>_AUTOSTART
ORA_<SID>_SHUTDOWN
ORA_<SID>_SHUTDOWN_TIMEOUT
ORA_<SID>_SHUTDOWNTYPE

Just set AUTOSTART on FALSE ... the other parameters are also quite self explaining ...
This makes it possible to start your services without starting the instance...