How to make Oracle10g on Windows *not* start on every boot?

From: Anonymous Coder <no_at_email.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:47:22 GMT

I installed Oracle10g Enterprise on Windows 2000, but after the first reboot, Oracle was up and running, which is not what I want. I want to be able to start it when I need it, and terminate it afterwards, to save boot time and system resources.

Which is the best way to do this? Will installing it as "Personal" instead of "Enterprise" have any effect on this? When I installed Oracle9i Personal under Windows 98, there two were start menu entries "start oracle" and "shutdown oracle" - just what I want.

Thanks Received on Tue Jun 15 2004 - 07:47:22 CDT