Weired problem when using serializable transaction in 10g

From: Oliver Zeigermann <oliver_at_zeigermann.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:42:45 +0200

I have a very weired delete problem that only occurs when isolation level is set to serializable.

> delete from PROPERTIES p where p.VERSION_ID = ?

deletes 10 rows while when I execute the same request *inside the same transaction*, again 10 rows are deleted.

After that

> select * from PROPERTIES p where p.VERSION_ID = ?

returns 10 rows *inside the same transaction* as well.

Obviously, nothing is removed at all until a invoke commit. Has anyone experienced something similar? Or has anyone any idea what might be my mistake? As a hint, a final commit does succeed as well...

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Oliver Received on Tue Jun 15 2004 - 07:42:45 CDT