Add database to tree

From: David Gray <police_at_spamcop.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:25:34 +0100

Greetings group,

Windows Server 2003
Oracle 9i (Release2).

Ok I new to Oracle so pease don't shout ;-)

Can anyone tell me how to add databases to the tree when in Oracle Management Server (OMS) mode as opposed to Standalone mode?

Here are the steps I've taken, please let me know if I've missed anything obvious.

  1. I've created a sample database called DG on the target machine.
  2. Updated the service details in the TNSNAMES.ORA.

DG =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ZIRCON)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = DG)

    )
  )

3. Checked that the OMS sevice is running.

4. I've discovered the node and it appears in the nodes list. I also tried a refresh nodes.

5. There appears no way of adding the databases after their node has been discovered.

I can view the database in standalone mode but not in OMS mode.

I've managed to add in some Oracle Rdb databases running on a VMS box without error, I would like to define database links between these databases and the Oracle 9i databases on the Windows box.

All I did for the Rdb databases was was discover the node they reside on and they appeared in the list.

Thanks in advance,

        Dave.

PS - Never posted here before, are HTML posts ok?   Received on Tue Jun 15 2004 - 06:25:34 CDT