Re: Oracle application server, which platform

From: Janos Makadi <jmakadi_at_fc.dunaferr.hu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:52:31 +0200

Frank van Bortel wrote:

> Yes.
> What's the question?

OK, maybe it was a little bit silly question.

We manage two database servers, and the new AS has to serve to both. Because one of our servers is 9i, now we use this as a web server too. We have a lot pl/sql applications for the web communication. Approx. we have 200 users, from the web side, and other 50 whom comes direct to the RDBMS. We started writing Java Servlet applications in TOMCAT, and if the AS comes we have to port this to oracle. Later we would like to learn to use and manage PORTAL.

So, my question is does anyone has experiences to manage AS, on SuSE SLES, or REDHAT AS, and do this kind of tasks what we would like to do.

Any kind of experiences would be great.

THX Janos Makadi Received on Tue Jun 15 2004 - 00:52:31 CDT