Problem monitoring http server in Oracle Enterprise Manager 9i

From: Prem K Mehrotra <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Jun 2004 19:53:53 -0700

I installed Oracle9i on HP UNIX 64 bit. I started Apache web server using apachectl start command. I see http processes when I do

      ps -aef | grep http

I can run isqlplus from my web browser, so I am connecting to Apache web server.

However when I use Oracle Enterprise Manager console on my PC, it shows me HTTP Server

           pqmsda01.na.jnj.com:443
where pqmsda01.na.jnj.com is name of my HP UNIX server.

When I click on above link, it shows me state of http server as stopped eventhough http server is up.

I don't know from where OEM console picks port no 443. Is there any way to fix it. I don't know whether I need to start https (SSL version of Apache server, if yes why?).

Thanks a lot,

Prem Received on Mon Jun 14 2004 - 21:53:53 CDT