Re: ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:58:36 +1000

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a76995/standbym.htm#27175

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=123883.1

> jg

Sorry... I accept that it doesn't actually and technically render the thing invalid. I was sort-of hinting at that in my first paragraph. What the second paragraph was hinting at is that I have generally found relying on Or acle's own propagation methods to be fiddly and problematic, and hence I've also found it easier and less fraught with grief to re-create the entire standby from scratch when dealing with 8 and 8i standby databases (again, the original poster made no mention of a version). In other words, it is a practical objection, not a theoretical one. But yes, I didn't make that clear in the slightest. And indeed upon re-reading it, that distinction is not evident at all. It was therefore extremely badly written, rendering it less than helpful, and indeed downright misleading. I should have done better, so I apologise.

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Jun 14 2004 - 16:58:36 CDT