Re: clustering and high availability?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:04:35 +0100

"Thomas Kyte" <thomas.kyte_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:7b0834a8.0406140709.5af3025d_at_posting.google.com...
> It would technically be about shared disk, which I over generalized to
> be a "shared everything".

which I suspect may become more interesting over time with some of these new 'let process a talk to memory structure b on another node' type technologies (eg RDMA) that scare the hell out of me (incomprehension will do that). I'm fairly sure that Oracle 13synchronicity(TM) will add this sort of thing to RAC (and only another 5 base requirements and 42 layers of complexity).

fortunately we only currently have shared, virtualized disk - so thats fine then :)

> About that water into wine thing -- I'm still working on that. It
> could save me huge amounts of money.

I don't know - the one recorded instance of that no money changed hands - stick to the books and advocacy, arguably less important, certainly more remunerated :).

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA