OPMN failing to start during 10g install on RH8

From: Jason Scharlach <jscharlach_at_quarry.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:30:17 -0400

During the install of the 10g Infrastucture component I get the following error window pop up on me:

A runtime exception has occurred during the execution of this query.

If I hit the continue button I then get the following warning popup:

The OPMN process manager failed to start. Please check the logs in /home/oracle/Infrastructure/opmn/logs directory for the cause of failure. Once the cause of failure has been remedied, start OPMN manually and click retry.

The log files specified are pretty useless. I've tried 'opmnctl stopall' and 'opmnctl startall' to see if it cleared it up, but I then get the following:

-bash-2.05b$ ./opmnctl startall
opmnctl: starting opmn and all managed processes...

opmn id=foo.bar.com:6200

    1 of 2 processes started.

ias-instance id=infrastructure.foo.bar.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ias-component/process-type/process-set:

    OID/OID/OID Error
--> Process (pid=0)

    failed to start a managed process because a dependency check failed     database dependency failed
    asdb
    Log:
    none

Hitting retry after doing this still produces the original runtime exception error, so manually restarting seems to have done nothing. Strangely there are 2 opmn processes running.

Has anyone out there ever run into this problem and if so, how did you go about resolving it?

Jason Received on Mon Jun 14 2004 - 15:30:17 CDT