Re: what exactly does 'cosistent read' mean?

From: <ctcgag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Jun 2004 17:35:19 GMT

hopehope_123_at_yahoo.com (utkanbir) wrote:

> My question about this 'consistent_gets' . What i know is
> consistent_get is used for multi-versioning . My system is a
> datawarehouse and i have no updates during a day , but i see lots of
> consistent gets in v$sess_io , may be my understanding about cr is
> wrong.

The session is in the dark when it issues the CR request. Whether the block actually needs any undo applied to it is determined as part of the CR request itself, not before the request is issued. So as long as the session *might* in principle need the block to be cleaned up, it issues a CR.

Or at least that is my understanding.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB