Re: ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS

From: yls177 <yls177_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Jun 2004 08:28:03 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<40cd5b12$0$13621$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> "yls177" <yls177_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > i add a datafile to my production and did the same with my standby.
> > afterwhich, i synch back them but get the below
> >

> > ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get
> > error below
> > ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent
> > ORA-01110: data file 1: '/oracle/SID/data1/system_1/system.data1'
> >

> > the log sequence in my production and standby servers are the same and
> > my archive log list shows the same sequence as well as given further
> > confirmation by my alert file.
> >

> > is there any cause for alarm?
>
> Er, yes.
>
> We could analyze this really carefully, and um and ahh about how one goes
> about propagating physical database changes to a standby. But to do that, we
> might need minor details such as Oracle version and operating system.
>
> The shorter story is: forget it. The making of a physical alteration to your
> primary database renders your standby database invalid, such that it needs
> to be re-created from scratch (one of the major pains-in-the-butt regarding
> standby databases since time immemorial).
>
> Regards
> HJR
both are on aix 5.2, with oracle 9

this parameter "standby_file_management" enables the datafiles to be created automatically in the standby database.. and currently, my team doesnt have this parameter implemented yet so what we did is to create them maunally... and all these while, we did not create any new control file at all.... and do some manual recover commands and from the archive log list... they seems to be in synch.. unless we are missing something really important... please advise... Received on Mon Jun 14 2004 - 10:28:03 CDT