Re: ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:00:42 +1000

"yls177" <yls177_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c06e4d68.0406132356.1965d961_at_posting.google.com...
> i add a datafile to my production and did the same with my standby.
> afterwhich, i synch back them but get the below
>

> ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get
> error below
> ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent
> ORA-01110: data file 1: '/oracle/SID/data1/system_1/system.data1'
>

> the log sequence in my production and standby servers are the same and
> my archive log list shows the same sequence as well as given further
> confirmation by my alert file.
>

> is there any cause for alarm?

Er, yes.

We could analyze this really carefully, and um and ahh about how one goes about propagating physical database changes to a standby. But to do that, we might need minor details such as Oracle version and operating system.

The shorter story is: forget it. The making of a physical alteration to your primary database renders your standby database invalid, such that it needs to be re-created from scratch (one of the major pains-in-the-butt regarding standby databases since time immemorial).

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Jun 14 2004 - 03:00:42 CDT