Re: database market share 2003

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:46:58 -0700

Blair Adamache wrote:

> Last I head, Micfocus and the two Unix ODBC companies (Visigenic and Intersolv)
> had all linked up in a menage a trois.
>
> Daniel Morgan's assertion that code for some RDBMS's can be moved across without
> recompilation perhaps implies intrepretive languages that have no compiler.
> IBM's Rexx fits into this class.
>
> Is he mean's C, then I'd love to hear how endianess is not an issue for C
> applications. I'd also like to hear about life on Mars.

I'd be happy to tell you about life on Mars as soon as it is discovered.

Until then try not commenting on products for which you have apparently never read a manual or documentation. Functions, operators, packages, stored procedures, and triggers can all be moved without recompilation from any Oracle platform to any other.

Assuming that other database products have a specific weakness or strength because yours does is not a strong starting point.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu