Large Tables, continued

From: Markus Vohburger <markus.vohburger_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 19:38:57 +0200

Somehow lost the original Thread....

Here are some results from my tests done with large Oracle Tables

my table looks like this:

table artikeljournal:
FILIAL_ID NUMBER NOT NULL, ARTIKEL_ID NUMBER NOT NULL, MENGE FLOAT, WERT FLOAT, TIMESTAMP DATE seperate tablespace for table artikeljournal on an extra Drive, about 2.5GB in size

Index on Filial_ID and Artikel_ID,

5 partitions , partitioned by range timestamp per year, Test data generated for 5 years, a total of 60.000.000 records

Test data was loaded with about 6600 Rows/second with SQLloader in Direct Mode

Response time for typical queries i need is 1 to 20 Seconds. My system is a W2000 Server on an AMD Athlon 2000 with 256 MB Ram and IDE Drives. Oracle 8.1.7 EE.

 The System is low on RAM, it needs 450MB and has only 256, so the Performace that i get even from my small test System is quite impressing.

 No other performance tuning has been done on the Database yet!

As the real system will be a much faster system with enough Ram, i think everything will work out fine. Most of the work will be done with much smaller pre-calculated tables, maybe i will use materialized Views for them.

thanks to all !

MV Received on Sun Jun 13 2004 - 12:38:57 CDT