Performance Difference

From: Greg Chang <ychang10_at_houston.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:54:16 GMT

Hi Folks,

I had 2 Oracle 9 Instances installed on the same Windows 2003 server, the first installed called Production Instance, and the second installed two weeks later called Test Instance. Two instances are identical as I can tell. Before we installed Test, One of the P/L SQL Procedure run on the Production took about 1.5 hours to finished, and that is ok,to us, since it handles lots of data.
However after we installed the Test Instance, and imported the production database to the Test instance.
The same procedure runs 9 hours in Production database, and runs 1.5 hours in test database.
Could any one point me a direction to find what caused the difference?

Thanks.

Greg Received on Sat Jun 12 2004 - 21:54:16 CDT