Re: 10g install on XP fails (dbca)

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:57:25 +0200

Daniel Morgan wrote:
> steveh wrote:
>

>>> Try to run dbca to the end, but do *not* create the database,just the
>>> scripts.
>>

>> Um, when I run dbca I get the error...
>>
>> That's the problem...
>>
>> Steve

> Drum role ... and the error is? ;-)
>
> On what hardware and operating system?

XP Pro, 2 machines attempted, 1 256MB, one 512MB. As in the beginning of the thread...

As the error has something to do with getHost, etc, what IP-address do you have, and what is your fully qualified host name? You should have one, you know - domain and all. If you don't get/have a domain (standalone), make one up - do not use any known domains (.com, .org, etc), but .home or .private will do

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel