Re: latch free and hot blocks

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:19:07 +0000 (UTC)

As a general guideline, bind variables
and cursor_sharing=force are not a
good idea on DW or DSS systems.

Typically, DW and DSS systems execute
a relatively small number of queries that are likely to be quite costly to run - therefore the penalty of optimizing a minor component of the total cost, the small number of queries means the contention is irrelevant, and the extra precision available to the optimizer is a big benefit.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated May 1st