Re: database market share 2003

From: Ian <ianbjor_at_mobileaudio.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:27:46 -0700

Mark Townsend wrote:

>> If one submitts an article to IDUG or DBM Tech it is _mandatory_ to
>> clarify the applicability in the title if a talk is not cross-platform.

> Here are session titles from this years IDUG Conferences - very few of
> them cross platform, and not a single one with any sign of platform
> applicability. I guess we need to differ of what _mandatory_ means as well.

You're being disingenuous.

Here's the information for 2 of these sessions (from www.idug.org).

   D1: DB2 UDB V8 : Exploiting it's New Advancements in High Availability

   Matt Huras
   IBM Toronto Lab

   Audience Experience: Intermediate,Advanced

   Presentation Platform: DB2 for Linux, UNIX, Windows

   Start: 10:30 AM
   End: 11:40 AM

   Room: Crystal C-D

Or:

   G1: Query Optimization for Large Tables in V8

   Terry Purcell
   IBM Silicon Valley Lab

   Audience Experience: Intermediate,Advanced

   Presentation Platform: DB2 for z/OS

   Start: 10:30 AM
   End: 11:40 AM

   Room: Grand IX & X

It's pretty clear to me which platform each presentation is for.