Re: database market share 2003

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:11:36 +1000

Mark A allegedly said,on my timestamp of 11/06/2004 11:01 PM:

> I never claimed that there were no DB2 to Oracle conversions. However YOU
> DID CLAIM that were no Oracle to DB2 conversions because you did not see any
> of them.

No. Stay within the Queen's language, please. I said there are very few (if any) commercial app conversions AWAY from Oracle. What there is is PORTING AS WELL to SQL Server and DB2. Perfectly kosher in anyone's book and only you could come up with the derivation that it is a "conversion from Oracle".

> As I mentioned, Oracle market share is declining, especially on new
> installation (not upgrades), so I will let that speak for itself with regard
> to conversions.

Me too. New installations are "conversions" now, eh? Makes a lot of sense. Just like the Amdahl recycled old history, the denial of the obvious in IBM's own site, etcetc. I let that speak for itself as well....

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto