Re: database market share 2003

From: Mark A <ma_at_switchboard.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 05:33:39 -0600

> >> You make it sound like IBM has the power of the mafia. I don't think
so.

> > Noons wrote:
> > I very much think so, having been on the receiving end of their
> > sales techniques for a looooooong time....

In my experience, the two companies that most IT shops fear the most these days, and wish they were less dependent on, are Oracle and CA. There is not much argument about that, even if people do like their products.

People no longer fear IBM, and because of government regulation over the years of IBM as a monopoly, there is plug compatible competition at virtually every level (even mainframe hardware). Received on Fri Jun 11 2004 - 06:33:39 CDT