Re: 10g: How to inspect active sessions, transaction, locks, etc.

From: Oliver Zeigermann <oliver_at_zeigermann.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:46:24 +0200

Hi Toni,

thanks for your help :)

Anton Dischner wrote:

> Hi Oliver,
>

>>a) Is there a way to get what I want with the 10g EM?

> Maybe someone can help you if you are more specific.

OK, I thought I was specific: I need to inspect all currently active sessions (connections), transactions and all locks associated to them. I need this to find out why some serializable transaction fail because they can not be serialized upon commit. Now, with the web based 10g enterprise mananger I see no way to get this information. The only thing I could see were TopX informations which might help for optimization, but not for bug tracking. So, my question was if I was missing anything and there actually is a way to get this sort of information I desire with 10g EM.

>>c) Should I install 9i again and try to non web EM?

> If you don't like web based EM you can use the Win version against your
> RDMS.
I am on Windows, but it does not seem to be part of the 10g distribution I downloaded from Oracle. Is it available with a separate download?

Thanks again and cheers,

Oliver Received on Fri Jun 11 2004 - 05:46:24 CDT