Re: database market share 2003

From: Andrew Hamm <ahamm_at_mail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:18:55 +1000

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

> I am not pining for IBM IMS/DB and CICS, or IBM IMS/DB and IMS/DC.
> Is anyone?

hmmm - i also forgot to allow for the cross-posting. I'm talking about the steady stream of nay-sayers that are still having panic attacks after the IBM takeover of Informix.

Although I agree that IBM is a major player in the IT Axis of Evil, I also believe that IBM is the bestest thing that could have happened to Informix, apart, perhaps, from Informix itself keeping it's shit together over the last few years instead of being abused by corporate raiders etc.

Some people are still remembering the Alamo a little too much. Received on Fri Jun 11 2004 - 00:18:55 CDT