Re: database market share 2003

From: Mark A <ma_at_switchboard.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:02:37 -0600

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1086929808.312585_at_yasure...

> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> The reason Oracle doesn't concentrate on OS/390, if that is the case,
> might also relate to the difficulty of selling into a marketshare very
> carefully managed by IBM. I know that was the case when I last worked
> on that class of machine.
>
> --
> Daniel Morgan

You make it sound like IBM has the power of the mafia. I don't think so.

Actually, a surprising number of companies have purchased Oracle for OS/390. Oracle gave me 5 references in the Fortune top 25 companies in the US. I checked all 5 out, and all 5 purchased it, but not one was using it for a production system. Received on Fri Jun 11 2004 - 00:02:37 CDT