which column type char,varchar2 is better for index?

From: Jaguk Ku <jkku_at_kynax.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:47:43 +0900

hi there,

if there are two columns A and B, A is defined as char(10), B is defined as varchar2(10)
if when i create indexes for both of them. which one has better performance, and why?

I think it's not much different, if the index is made with b-tree algorithm.

Would anyone teach me what is different and which one is better and why?

Thanks in advance,

Jaguk Ku Received on Thu Jun 10 2004 - 19:47:43 CDT