Re: Oracle 10g on Fedora Core 2

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:42:08 +1000

"Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:ca9jh1$q47$1_at_news5.tilbu1.nb.home.nl...
> Howard J. Rogers wrote:
>
> > "Mr. Chow Wing Siu" <wschow_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK> wrote in message

> > don't

> >>------------------------
> >>
> >>kernel.shmmax = 2147483648
> >>kernel.shmmni = 4096
> >>kernel.shmall = 2097152
> >>kernel.sem = 256 32000 100 128
> >>fs.file-max = 65536
> >>net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 1024 65000
> >>
> >>kernel.msgmax = 8192
> >>kernel.msgmnb = 65535
> >>kernel.msgmni = 2878
> >>
> >>--
> >>Johnson Chow
> >

> > OK. That eliminates that as a possibility then. I had to ask: incorrect
> > settings for these is the most common cause of 3113 errors, and merely
> > asserting that one has set them correctly doesn't always mean that one
> > actually has.
> >
> > I can't offer any further advice at this stage, since I don't actually
have
> > a copy of FC2.
> >
> > Sorry
> > Regards
> > HJR
> >

> Perhaps stating the obvious, but changing /etc/sysctl.conf won't help;
> you would need to load it ("activate"), using sysctl -p, or reboot.
> --
>
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

I realise that. But I think he's had numerous installation attempts and hence reboots. Or so I thought I read.

Anyway... it is sounding more as though he is encountering the perennial problem of attempting to create a database as part of the installation, and not as a separate exercise after it.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu Jun 10 2004 - 07:42:08 CDT