Re: 10g install on XP fails (dbca)

From: steveh <steve_at_rwxltd.co.uk>
Date: 10 Jun 2004 01:28:49 -0700

> Are you at SP1?

Thanks for the reply Howard.
I've got all the latest incremental updates on one pc, the other is as it came (so no). Doesn't seem to make any difference to this issue.

> You have a network card? It's configured with TCP/IP, and your IP address is
> statically declared, and not DHCP?

Yes

> And you're logged on as someone with local administrator privileges?

Yes

> That's all just preliminary, however. Your problem I suspect (but fair goes:
> I'm guessing) is simply with that JRE installation. It's not needed for
> Oracle, and is likely to confuse things. Take a clean Windows installation,
> patch it to SP1, insert CD, and it works. Usually. Install your own Java
> beforehand, however, and there's no telling which Java the dbca will turn
> to. I dare say you can muck around with paths and JAVA_HOME environment
> settings, but apart from that, start clean, and don't try and do your own
> Java thing.

I started off clean, then installed the latest JRE in desperation.

I'm still completetly stuffed.. on both PCs!

:-(

Steve Received on Thu Jun 10 2004 - 03:28:49 CDT