Re: clustering and high availability?

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.eye-be-em.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 21:47:19 -0400

I thought RAC is shared disk, not shared everything. Shared everything in my book is SMP or the next best thing to it. Here an interesting research article on the parallel sysplex: http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/sj/362/nick.html

DB2 Parallel Edition (on Unix) was actually released after the parallel Sysplex and parallelism on DB2 for MVS. (End of 1995 vs. 1994) So unless one accepts timetravel the learning must have gone the other way :-)
Of course time travel, like other esoteric Star Trek habits must not be discounted when dealing with IBM. Since Larry E. not too long ago correctly deduced that DB2 Development in Toronto is "just across the hall" from pSeries in Austin I may unveil some of the top secret projects: http://www.research.ibm.com/quantuminfo/teleportation/ (US customs of course is on our side of the hallway ;-)

We flamed about Daniels excellent math w.r.t. MTF more than enough, I'll contain my itch and refer the interested reader to google.

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau