Re: How about an Oracle debate?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:33:26 +1000

"Rahul" <rahul_ocp8i_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f8af2f95.0406091312.52c6c5e9_at_posting.google.com...
> HJR,
>
> I think the fun part that most of the audiences are referring is to
> see, you shutup DB once and for all.
>
> Regds,
> Rahul.

Strangely enough, I don't actually want to shut Don up at all. I want him to engage here on technical matters. I want him to share the things he knows, and learn some things he doesn't appear to know. And I want him to do all of that in the spirit of free, scientific, academically rigorous discourse that usually informs the technical discussions here. Meaning, I want him to forego the use of bullying legal intimidation before he starts.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Don become a regular poster here, one amongst his peers, just a poster amongst many, from whom we might or might not learn as time passes and the mood and subject allows.

But it won't happen, I suspect, because he's too busy claiming exalted guru status and thinking he's better than the rest of us.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Jun 09 2004 - 20:33:26 CDT