Creating an RMan\Legato Test Environment

From: Michael <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2004 10:40:53 -0700

Hello,

For the purposes of learning how to use RMan with Oracle 8/9 with tape backups via Legato I would like to create a test environment.

I am told that a single user license of Legato comes with Oracle9i. I am not sure where to start and could use advice on the steps to create this environment and making it useable.

My guess is:

0. Install hardware and backup device.
1. Install OS (Windows 2000 and Patches etc.).
2. Install Oracle 9i.

   Is Legato installed by default?
3. Configure\Test Rman\Legato

   This is where I am clueless and need advice. This is a black hole to me.

Thanks for your advice,

Michael Received on Wed Jun 09 2004 - 12:40:53 CDT