Re: Import Problem

From: Kwizatz Haderach <kwizatz.haderach_at_free.fr>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:44:48 +0200

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:24:09 +0200, Kwizatz Haderach
> <kwizatz.haderach_at_free.fr> wrote:
>

>>After having a database crash, we havec created a new database instance.
>>
>>Then we tried to import our last export doing a fullimport.
>>
>>We had problems during import due to a materialized view.
>>
>>After solving this problem, we try to import the missing tables.
>>
>>Our problem is that the import utility tell us that he cannot find these
>>tables in the export file. We have checked the export file and found the
>>"INSERT INTO" part of each missing tables inside the file.
>>
>>Our dump file is about 13GB
>>
>>Does anyone has an idea of how to solve the problem :
>>- forcing the import to find those tables in the dump file
>>- convert the export file into an sql file
>>- other ...
>>
>>We are running Oracle 9.2.0.5
>>
>>Thanks
>

> Please never circumscribe the problem and think you already know the
> solution. Always come up with *exact* commandlines and *exact* error
> messages and describe exactly what you did (now it looks like you
> edited the dump. Dump files can't be edited)
>

> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Hi,

I know that I'm not very precise in my description an I appologized for that.

I don't know the solution. If I knew it I would not have ask. I was just thinking of different ways to solve the problems, not solution.

If I talk about what's in the dump file it's because we splited the dump file and edit the result files (you can use grep to find which files are interesting and vi to edit).

In thos files we find those things :

INSERT INTO "TABLENAME" (col1, col2, col3, ...) VALUES(1:, 2: 3:, ...)^E^@^B^@^B (binary representation of the data to inport into the tables.

Another point is that when we did the import, the import tool correctly create the tables.

I'm working on with an oracle consultant and it seems that a problem during the export make a part of the dump inconsistent (a group of object content). Received on Wed Jun 09 2004 - 11:44:48 CDT