Re: oracle 8i in a Pentium IV

From: Tony Dare <tonydare_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 08:50:30 -0700

Sometimes renaming
C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\<version#>\bin\symcjit.dll to another name does the trick. It effectively disables the Java Just-In-Time compiler (which is the cause of the problem) The patch you mentioned is actually another version of the OUI (Oracle Universal Installer), which you can use to install 8i. You can also use the 9i installer to install 8i.

Look for patch 1507768 on metalink.oracle.com There is a note containing workarounds as well - Note ID 131299.1.

Good Luck

TD