Re: How about an Oracle debate?

From: Tyler Smith Watu <watuni2000_at_yahoo.co.nz>
Date: 9 Jun 2004 06:52:40 -0700

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net> wrote in message news:<IQxxc.65105$eY2.12457_at_attbi_s02>...
> "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
> > [snip]
> > > Before reading this I made both of you an offer to host it at
> > > the University of Washington. I might also be able to arrange
> > > a venue at the University of California at Berkeley.
> > >
> > > Though there is a part of me that thinks the Jerry Springer
> > > show might end up being the better location.
> > >
> > > Do you guys really want to do it?
> >

> > Of course I don't. This newsgroup is a perfectly viable, successful and
> > sensible forum in which to air differences of technical opinion, as Mike
> > Ault can now attest. And if Don ever got off his behind and contributed
> > anything of technical worth here, he'd find out too. What this clown
> wants,
> > however, is a forum in which "entertainment" is valued above technical
> > ability, because he knows that in a Jerry Springer style environment, his
> > technical inadequacies are not going to be put under nearly as much
> scrutiny
> > as they can be here.
> >
> > Regards
> > HJR
> >

> Are all the participants going to have to wear those Hill Billy teeth? (to
> give it more of a Jerry Springer look)
> Jim

Thanks Jim .That was the best laugh I have had all month.

Some of us who participate in this newsgroup benefit a lot from what some of the more experienced folks have to say and give back the little we can.

Hopefully there is no background information to your exchanges we are unaware of, if there is too bad.

As much as Don and Horward have both contributed meaningful material to the Oracle community, there could have been mistakes on both sides somewhere along the line.

My opinion is that there is nothing really wrong in correcting some one and if anyone beleives that they are above correction tough,but the modus operandi matters a lot.
We are bound to defend ourselves or react defensively when confronted in certain ways  which may be considered inappropriate
 EVEN if we are caught pants down.

Teaching,consulting developing for the most is a business and if anyone beleives sticking out how long you have done it , how you did it , where you did it and sometimes even with whom you did it adds credibility, ride on brother. Is that not why a Havard MBA is considered "better" than a ******* State University MBA(Not to insult anyone )

Instead of Jerry I will prescribe WWF or the WBA fight.

Lately the heavy weight division does not seem to have the "MAN" .This makes anyone who beleives they are good threaten to get the Heavy Weight Title Roy Jones before his knockout threatened,now it is Tarver. Put on some weight and step up people. (Do not complain about your weight like
Oscar did after virtually loosing to Sturm) Braithewaite is kind of dominant in the cruiser weight so do not even think of going there.The easiest way to commit suicide is to try Bernard Hopkins

Horward I am waiting for your
10g paper from Dizwell and Don how about the next Oracle Internals

TY Received on Wed Jun 09 2004 - 08:52:40 CDT