Anyone heard of this book or author?

From: Ed Stevens <ed.stevens_at_comcast.net>
Date: 9 Jun 2004 05:50:05 -0700

I am in the middle of a class on Oracle 9i Performance Tuning, conducted at a local university. Based on the promotion, both my manager and I thought it was the official Oracle course. However, on arrival, we find it being taught by an independant consultant, and not using Oracle education materials.

(To make matters worse, the instructor had never seen the class materials before, and the Powerpoint presentation he was given was labeled as a beta version.)

The text for the class is a book call 'Oracle 9i Performance Tuning: Optimizing Database Productivity', by Hassan A. Afyouni. It is really more like a college text for a semester long course, not the kind of material one would use for a typical 5-day, 8-hour per day industry class. The material seems focused on v$ views and tuning by ratio. The author also has a web-site at dba-cyberspace.com.

My question is, has anyone heard of this author? Know anything about his credentials? Received on Wed Jun 09 2004 - 07:50:05 CDT