Re: How about an Oracle debate?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:57:35 +1000

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1086759423.485286_at_yasure...
[snip]
> Before reading this I made both of you an offer to host it at
> the University of Washington. I might also be able to arrange
> a venue at the University of California at Berkeley.
>
> Though there is a part of me that thinks the Jerry Springer
> show might end up being the better location.
>
> Do you guys really want to do it?

Of course I don't. This newsgroup is a perfectly viable, successful and sensible forum in which to air differences of technical opinion, as Mike Ault can now attest. And if Don ever got off his behind and contributed anything of technical worth here, he'd find out too. What this clown wants, however, is a forum in which "entertainment" is valued above technical ability, because he knows that in a Jerry Springer style environment, his technical inadequacies are not going to be put under nearly as much scrutiny as they can be here.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Jun 09 2004 - 00:57:35 CDT