ora-04031 error

From: John Wood <jwood_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 05:55:03 GMT

I have Oracle 9202 database on window2000. One morning I noticed that the database was down. In the .trc trace file it showed "ORA-04031:unable to allocate 18420 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","unknown object","sga heap(1,0)","session param values")". When I tried to log on with SYS account, I got the same error message.

I shutdown and restart the win2000 server, then the database started fine and I managed to log on with dba account.

My question is: Is there any other way I can do to start the database other than the win2000 restart ? Can I find out which job or sql statement caused it to happen ? What can I do to prevent it from happening ?

Thanks.

JW Received on Wed Jun 09 2004 - 00:55:03 CDT