Backup Recovery - Cold Backup in Archive log mode

From: raj <rajesh_choprauk_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 8 Jun 2004 16:12:40 -0700

I want to implement the following approach to backuping our oracle database server.

The aim is to allow for point in time recovery of transactions.

Weekly Cold Backup
Archive Log Mode

I'm a little confused with regards to the recovery of control files and redo logs prior to Point in time Recovery. Can someone help clarify?

Raj Received on Tue Jun 08 2004 - 18:12:40 CDT