Re: 9i New Features E-book

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2004 13:23:26 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<40c4ff3f$0$3032$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> "Joel Garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote in message
> > "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > And a 10g equivalent is in production, and would be ready about
> mid-July,
> > > probably. Except that I'm taking all of July out to "do" the US. Most of
> it,
> > > in fact. Although not the top bit in the middle, which I'm told is
> boring,
> > > though personally I never saw anything wrong with Mt. Rushmore since my
> > > first viewing of 'North by North West'. I shall even be visiting Roanoke
> and
> > > Kitty Hawk in North Carolina, which is not a million miles from Uncle
> Don.
> > > Perilously close, in fact. Dare I drop in and say 'Do you know how
> > > work yet?'?!
> >
> > Hey, I'll buy you a beer if you come near where I am (Southern
> California).
>
> We finish off by doing the Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, the Meteorite
> Crater, the Grand Canyon, the Hoover Dam and Las Vegas (I had to insist on
> some tackiness at some point). Then we spend a day and a bit in Los Angeles
> before flying home. Is that south enough?

Depends, LA is big. But probably. I'll take this offline.

> It would be nice, though.

Bryce & Zion, I'm envious, last went when I was a teenager (even though I owned land near there for a while, dang this working-for-a-living). Took the kids to Grand Canyon last year.

Somehow I thought I posted my overly-curious-skunk-at-Zion story, but I can't find it. Anyways, if they look at you pissed while they are going through your stuff, back away slowly.

Some travel hints:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=slrn6nh6qu.l54.joelga%40pebble.org&output=gplain

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=slrn9cf3b8.m5.joel-garry%40zr1.vista1.sdca.home.com&output=gplain

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1997Feb10.234033.5626%40rossinc.com&output=gplain