Re: database market share 2003

From: Jean-David Beyer <jdbeyer_at_exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 15:00:58 -0400

nobody wrote:
> Its pathetic that you can't write good code. ;-)

It's pathetic that you top post. ;-)

> If you can grok C++, then you should be able to write thread safe C code
> and then use them.

I wrote C code for 25 years or so (since early 1970s). I have not needed to write thread-safe code, since I find that Linux creates and destroys processes cheaply enough that I just run multiple processes instead of threads. If I need to share memory, I do so explicitly.

> And actually if you're wroting in C++ then you need
> to have your head examined. But thats a whole different flame war. ;-)

And if you think _wroting_ is an English word, you need to spend time in a re-education camp.
This is 2004, and it is pretty boring to engage in that tired old flame war.

> But I bet you have trouble with JDBC and how J2EE tries to use the
> database only as a means to make objects persistent. ;-)
>
> But hey what do I know? ;-)
> I"m just an old school programmer.

Bah! I am an older school programmer thay you, probably. I have programmed in three different assemblers for the IBM 704 alone, not counting NY-AP1.

--
   .~.  Jean-David Beyer           Registered Linux User 85642.
   /V\                             Registered Machine   241939.