Re: How about an Oracle debate?

From: <ctcgag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 08 Jun 2004 17:05:13 GMT

don_at_burleson.cc (Don Burleson) wrote:
> IMHO, these long-winded threads often cloud the real Oracle technical
> issues. While the insults are fun to read, the reality is that less
> than 1% of Oracle professionals read this forum anymore, for reasons
> that are all-too evident. Let's get the message to a wider audience.
>
> Since many people in this forum have very strong opinions about the
> Oracle technology perspectives, I would like to propose a debate
> between those with the most conflicting opinions.
>
> - Team one: Richard Foote, Howard J. Rogers and Nuno Souto
> - Team two: Mike Ault, Rich Niemiec and Don Burleson
>
> This would be a live one-hour public debate, moderated by an
> independent sponsor such as SearchOracle, IOUG or DBAZine. I can
> arrange a room at Oracle Openworld in San Francisco, and it could be a
> big "hit"!

In other words, whenever you debate in this forum you get your ass handed to you, because your opponents can gather examples, trace files, and block dumps to prove that they are right and you are wrong. So now you want to move to a live forum, where recourse cannot be had to, horror or horrors, actual evidence.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB