Re: How about an Oracle debate?

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2004 09:12:12 -0500

Don,

Although this attempt at trying to say Howard has been defaming you and should stand up and be a man and debate you in person, I'd much rather see the results of research. I don't want to see who is a better public debater. I would guess you might be better at that than anyone in this forum. You probably are quite confident at your ability to defend yourself in public. But, I would also hazard a guess that you author your books much the same way. Instead of doing solid research and then authoring a book about it, you just wing it. Well, then very talented people such as Howard read your haphazardly thrown together conclusions and say things like "this is just plain wrong". They post fact after fact showing why they are correct and why you are wrong. You can't refute their claims, so instead you decide, "Hey, if I get them in a forum where I'm really good, I'll finally be able to win". Well, I for one, don't want to know who is the best debater. I want to learn about Oracle. From what I read from these threads, I won't be reading your books for this knowledge and I will be making sure every Oracle professional I meet knows to stay away from your material as well.

--
Galen Boyer